工作地点：New York 截止日期：19 April , 2019
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the secretariat of the UN System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB), the highest inter-agency body for coordination in the UN system. The CEB secretariat supports the work of the CEB and its High-level Committees on Programmes (HLCP) and on Management (HLCM). The secretariat is co-located in New York and Geneva and is headed by a Director, who reports to the Secretary-General, who is the Chairman of CEB. The Programme Management Officer reports to the Secretary of High-Level Committees on Programmes and is based in New York. Further information is available at https://www.unsceb.org
Within delegated authority, the Programme Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provides principal support to the Secretary of HLCP in all aspects of substantive preparations for and follow-up to the sessions of HLCP, including drafting of communications, annotations and reports;
- Undertakes substantive research and consultation and provides substantive and other inputs as may be required in the preparation of CEB and HLCP sessions;
- Contributes to the preparation of CEB and HLCP inputs to reports to intergovernmental bodies;
- Supports and facilitates consultations between the members of HLCP and ensures results-oriented outcomes at HLCP sessions, and as may be required, contributes to the development of system-wide positions on programme and operational issues for consideration by the Committee;
- Monitors activities of thematic networks and other inter-agency coordination arrangements in the programme area with a view to enabling HLCP and CEB to provide, where necessary, policy guidance to the coordinating bodies concerned;
- Monitors inter-governmental activities in the organizations of the UN system;
- Contributes to the preparation of written contributions for the CEB high-level committees, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, etc.
- Initiate data gatherings on subjects of inter-agency nature; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Undertakes other duties as may be required.
Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of the functioning of organizations of the UN system, CEB and its high-level committees; knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to addressing global challenges and emerging trends affecting the work of the UN; Ability to have good research, analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of issues/problems; Knowledge on the use of various research methodologies and sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases; applies good judgment in the context of assignments given; plans own work and manages conflicting priorities. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in social sciences, international relations, business or public administration, management, economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with additional two years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in project or Programme management, administration or related area is required. Experience in the analysis, development and coordination of policy is required. Experience drafting high quality, accurate documents in English under tight deadlines is required. Experience facilitating inter-agency or inter-governmental consultations is desirable. Experience in providing policy advice to senior officials / managers is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff are expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
For this position, applicants from the following Member States, which are unrepresented or underrepresented in the UN Secretariat as of 30 November 2018, are strongly encouraged to apply: Afghanistan, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Central African Republic, China, Comoros, Cyprus, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Dominica, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Mozambique, Nauru, Norway, Oman, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Vanuatu, Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.